CyVerse Learning - Foundations of Open Science Skills (FOSS) Online 2020¶
Foundational Open Science Skills (FOSS) is a novel, camp-style training designed to prepare principal investigators and their lab teams, both new and established, to meet the growing expectations of funding agencies, publishers, and research institutions for scientific reproducibility and data accessibility.
There are no pre-requisites for FOSS, but the course will cover a lot of material in a short time. Participants who have limited computational experience should try to view the Software Carpentry Core Lessons before attending.
- Become familiar with productivity software for organizing your lab group, communications, and research
- Learn how to scale out your computation from laptop to cloud and high performance computing (HPC) systems
- Learn how to manage data for open science and reproducibility
By working through an example project relevant to their interests, participants will practice open science skills using CyVerse, GitHub, R or Python, and other resources. At the end of the week, students will present a plan for how to integrate open science into their labs.
CyVerse Homepage: http://www.cyverse.org
Funding and Citations¶
CyVerse is funded by the National Science Foundation under Award Numbers DBI-0735191, DBI-1265383, and DBI-1743442.
Please cite CyVerse appropriately when you make use of our resources, CyVerse citation policy
Documentation contained in this repo is made available under CC BY 4.0 License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode
Fix or improve this documentation
- Search for an answer: CyVerse Learning Center
- Ask us for help: click on the lower right-hand side of the page
- Report an issue or submit a change: |Github Repo Link|
- Send feedback: Tutorials@CyVerse.org